You might think, what in the world am I talking about? Well, let’s face it, not all of us are expert writers but we can all try to write. After all, it’s just a bunch of words put together to make up a good paragraph, right? You may not agree with me but there are some people who pretend to know what they are writing when the truth is, they have no idea what this is all about.
So is this cheating then? I think not, let’s just say this is all about being honest. It all depends on how you look at it. Some people can write while some need help. In my opinion, this article can help those who are willing to write but don’t know how to start or what to write. Here are some tips on how you can write like a bad ass!
- Know what you are writing – of course, just because I told you to write like a pro that doesn’t mean you don’t have to look at what you are writing. Every writer knows that if you want to have a successful article, you must know what you are talking about. Research it. Support your content. This way people will not only find it impressive but useful as well.
- Know what are the jargons and technical terms used – ever read an article where you found terms that are not common? If you want to be a SEO writer, you got to talk the talk! Know what are the terms used in the industry. Look for their meaning so that you won’t sound ignorant when you are using them. Most importantly, use them appropriately; don’t just use a jargon just so it sounds cool when it actually makes the whole thought ridiculous!
- Quote, unquote – another way to sound like a professional is to quote text from famous people. However, make sure that what you are quoting and whom you quote it with is relevant to the issue you are writing. Insert interview quotes or article pages that are related to your topic. Otherwise your article will only sound like a joke.
- Content structure is important – when you compose your article, make sure they follow a train of thought. Don’t jump into one thought to another. Your content will sound jumbled if you do this. When you write it, make sure that you follow what you are explaining/talking about. This way your readers can capture your thought and point.
- Include pictures or videos – another interesting way to make your content look like it was done by a professional is to include images and interesting videos. Images can always capture your reader’s attention. Just make sure that the image you insert is related to your topic.
- Admit that you are not an expert – this may be the best thing about writing. Admitting on something that you are not an expert with is what makes writers even better. Honesty is always the best policy isn’t it? Stating that you are not an expert is something to begin with. You will be surprise to see the responses you might get and this, my friend, is a good fuel to work even better.
- Become an expert – if you are not a writer by nature then this is a good ground to practice what you don’t know. Studying, practicing and applying what you have learned from your readers, the comments you received and researches can help you become an expert in no time.
I am not an expert in this matter as well. I don’t have all the answers nor are my answers always right. In fact, I don’t claim to be a really good writer. I have moments when I don’t know what topic to write or if there’s something I should be writing. But I learn and I have learned a lot. You can do it too; it’s just a matter of practice. After all, practice makes perfect, right?