We all know that the construction of Google+ is primarily aimed at SEO, dominating search results above all the other social platforms. And even if Facebook and Twitter are important in marketing, these sites actually restrict Google from accessing much of their information, limiting their effectiveness in SEO and putting them behind Google+.
Here are 10 ways for you to take advantage of the SEO domination of Google+, as shared in SEOmoz.
- Follow your profile links. Google+ will allow you to link to your other profiles in the internet and to embed your links in your bio using the anchor text of your choice. Increase your visibility and get people to share your posts and directly link to your profile to add value to your links.
- Embed post links. With Google+, you can insert followed links into your posts directly as many times as you want to. If your post goes viral and is re-shared by high-profile qualities, these links’ will increase.
- Optimize your G+ title tags. Remember that the first sentence of your Google+ posts are the ones that are highly correlated with the rankings. Therefore, make sure that you carefully choose your keywords. Once this becomes widely shared, it will have a high chance of ranking.
- Unlimited editing power. This is something that is very helpful with Google+ as this will allow you to make updates or changes in your previous posts, something that you cannot completely do with Facebook and Twitter.
- Index new content fast. Sharing new content on Google+ gives you a fairly high possibility that it will be indexed quickly. In fact, rumor has it that those new URLs are crawled almost immediately. When also shared with other social networks, this can result to quick indexation.
- Connect with influences. Google+ has 17 notification triggers that can help you connect with influencers that are in your industry. You can very well introduce yourself to these influencers by using these notification triggers.
- Optimize your author photo. With the proper implementation of the author tag, along with a catchy photo, it really would not matter what rank you are in. You can definitely grab free topic from your top competitor.
- Test drive a Google+ social media dashboard. Google Analytics have greatly progressed along with social media reporting. If you are fed with social traffic, it would be worth bringing the information front and center.
- Check your CircleRank. CircleCount is a very helpful tool in Google+ as it will chart your daily follower growth and your post virality. It will also allow you to see your CircleRank score in comparison with other Google+ profiles.
- Be an early adapter. Many people are not yet into Google+, with only 1 out o 4 people logging n monthly. However, this is already steadily growing as more and more people discover the benefits of this social platform.
Hopefully, the above things have given you enough reason to start and frequently use Google+. Try it now!