Every time there’s a new website in the internet community, people are always interested. One of the newest websites that has taken people by storm is Pinterest. In the recent months, they have been gaining more and more users compared to other social networks. In fact they have about 10 million new users in record time. And if you ever find yourself wondering what or how you can use Pinterest as an online marketing tool then this article could help you with that.
Pinterest is a great tool for grouping and pinning or bookmarking interesting images that you have found online. Most of the time, this site is used by people as a mood board tool for projects that they may be working on. But if you want to use Pinterest as a tool for search engine optimization then here’s how you can do it:
· Linking with Facebook – if you happen to register or create an account on Pinterest, you will see that you have an option of signing in with Twitter or Facebook. If you aim for business or product marketing then you might as well link your Pinterest account to both. Linking them to these social networking sites will help you get visits and traffic from other people. This is also one way to promote the items that you pin on your Pinterest.
· Sharing Contents – like all social networks, Pinterest became interesting because of the contents that people are able to share. Sharing unique interests is what brought people together in this site and so if you are looking for a way to make this site as your marketing tool then share interesting contents. Make sure that you put information to the product or item that you are posting. It can be a great way to reach out to millions of users and increase that ranking you are looking for.
· Linking back Pinterest to you website – if you happen to have images on your site and you have links for it, include a link back to your website. This can be a helpful way to gain more traffic as compared to sharing an image on Facebook. Keep in mind that in Pinterest, users make use of images. So if you have a helpful image that they might be interested in, you can use that in linking back.
· “Pin it” Button – since Pinterest is all about sharing contents, it’s easy to share even if you are outside the main source of the content. You have the chance to add a special button that you post on your own website. This is what they call the “Pin It” button, this allows your readers to automatically post an article or photo to their account as part of sharing the content to others. So this means people can publish any interesting article or photo from your site even if you don’t have to publish it on your own. So make sure that you know how to optimize that.
· Use your keywords when pinning items – adding keywords to the items you pin on your Pinterest can also help you in search rankings. In order to do that, make sure that you do a little research about the commonly used words when people are searching for things online. This way you can also create the right keyword for your brands.
· Creating back links – this may be helpful as Pinterest have been growing in popularity among many users. If you wish to get that visibility among search engines, you need to build a strong and reliable back link from Pinterest to your website. This is one good way to increase traffic to your site.
These are some of the best ways that you can use Pinterest for search engine optimization. If you update on this regularly, you will surely get the needed results but just in case you don’t have the slightest idea about SEO then it’s best to hire a good SEO company to help you with that.